Essays and other documents may be required for admission to the program. All essays and documents must be uploaded to the online application in .doc, .pdf, or .txt, formats. Please limit your essays to 600 words.
|Program||Resume||Primary Essay||Other Program-Specific Documents|
|Executive MBA Program||Required||Required||Sponsorship Agreement if applicable|
|Full-time MBA Program||Required||Required||One program-specific essay required|
|Part-time MBA Program||Required||Required||Supplemental Essay required|
|MS in Accounting||Required||N/A||Four program-specific essays required|
|MS in Business Analytics and Project Management||Required||Required||N/A|
|MS in Financial Risk Management||Required||Required||Supplemental Essay required|
|MS in Human Resource Management||Required||Required||N/A|
|Ph.D. in Business Administration||Required||Required||N/A|
|Advanced Business Certificates (exceptions below)||Required||N/A||N/A|
|ABC in Accounting Analytics||Required||N/A||Two program-specific essays required|
|ABC in Human Resource Management||Required||N/A||N/A|
|Certificate in Accouting Fundamentals (Accounting Certificate Program)||Required||N/A||Four program-specific essays required|
|Certificate in Corporate and Regulatory Compliance||Required||N/A||N/A|
|Certificate in Global Risk Management||Required||N/A||Supplemental Essay required|
|Long-term Healthcare Management Certificate||Required||N/A||N/A|
A current resume highlighting your full-time and part-time employment may be a required component of the online application. Please indicate the dates you were at each position, for instance, January 2009 – February 2013.
Prompt: Why are you interested in pursuing your graduate business degree at this stage in your life/career? What are your short-term and long-term career goals and how will this graduate business program help you achieve these goals?
Prompt: How will you and your experiences and values contribute to our program
Full-time MBA Essays
In addition to the Primary Essay, Full-time MBA applicants must submit one additional essay. The prompt for this essay is the applicant’s choice from the three prompts below:
- Coping Skills
Describe a time when you were faced with problems or stress that tested your coping skills. How did you handle the situation?
Describe a time when you failed to meet a deadline. What things were you unable to do? What were the repercussions? What did you learn from the experience?
- Work Role
When working in groups at work, what role do you usually take (e.g. leadership, peacemaker, or worker bee)? Does your role vary according to the situation? Provide detail and examples.
MS in Accounting and Certificate in Accounting Fundamentals Essays
One required essay. Prompt: Explain your interest in a graduate accounting degree in general and then more specifically what you hope to get out of the MS in Accounting Program at UConn.
Choice of three out of the four prompts:
- Integrity – Integrity is “the quality or state of being of sound moral principle; uprightness, honesty, and sincerity” (Webster’s New World Dictionary of the American Language). Think of a person either in your life other than a family member or an individual in public life who you believe has integrity. What do you think sets that person apart from others in terms of integrity?
- Work Role – When working in groups at school or at work, what role do you usually take (e.g. leadership, peacemaker, or worker bee)? Does your role vary according to the situation? Provide detail and examples.
- Deadlines – Describe a time when you failed to meet a deadline. What things were you unable to do? What were the repercussions? What did you learn from the experience?
- Coping Skills – Describe a time when you were faced with problems or stress that tested your coping skills. How did you handle the situation?
ABC in Accounting Analytics
Two required essays. Prompts:
- Briefly describe your observations of the changing landscape of analytics in the accounting industry.
- What goals do you wish to achieve by pursuing the Certificate in Accounting Analytics?
All U.S. citizens and Permanent Residents applying to the following programs are required to complete the University of Connecticut Residence Affidavit.
- Executive MBA
- Full-time MBA
- Part-time MBA
- MS in Accounting
- MS in Business Analytics & Project Management
- MS in Financial Risk Management
- MS in Human Resource Management
- Ph.D. in Business Administration
- Advanced Business Certificates
- ABC in Human Resource Management
- Long-term Healthcare Management Certificate
Please download it from the Downloadable Forms section of the online application, complete it, and upload it to the Documents section of the application.
Applicable for EMBA applicants only. This form confirms that your sponsoring organization understands the time commitment required and that you and your employer have reached an agreement on financial support. Please download it from the Downloadable Forms section of the online application, complete it, and upload it to the Documents section of the application.