Your growth and learning as a UConn Graduate Business student continues outside the classroom with several extra-curricular activities. Your rigorous classroom training is supplemented with appreciation of diversity and the collegiality that comes from interacting with your peers in the various MBA and MS programs we offer. These interactions include social events and club activities.
All the UConn graduate programs are active in Case Competitions and several of our teams place among the top in these competitions.
- Financial Risk Students Place Third in Global ChallengeA team of four graduate students in the MS in Financial Risk Management program took third place in an international competition in Montreal earlier this month, and were the highest-placing U.S. team in the competition. The UConn team included Tuershunjinag Ahemaitijiang, Xiaofan Hou, Junchao Liao and Xiao Wang. Their third-place victory at the McGill International... […]
- MBA Candidate and Team Win Henkel Case CompetitionMBA candidate Kseniia Poiarkina ’18 MBA was on the winning team in the Henkel One-Day Case Competition, which focused on leveraging business digitalization. The challenge took place on March 16 at Henkel’s Rocky Hill location. Other universities participating in the event included Northeastern, UMass and Drexel. “During the case competition, I had the pleasure to... […]
- MSFRM Students Win Prestigious Global CompetitionA group of UConn graduate students in financial risk management can now add the title of “international competition champions” to their resumes. Teammates Xiao Wang, Xiaofan Hou, Junchao Liao and Tuershunjiang Ahemaitijiang took home the first-place award and a $10,000 prize in the international PRMIA Risk Management Challenge 2018. Finance professor Yaacov Kopeliovich served as... […]
Upcoming Student EventsAll Events »
- Infosession on Blockchain feat. Jeff MarinsteinThe University of Connecticut is offering a free introductory program for corporate decision-makers who want to understand the benefits of blockchain technology. Offered by the School of Business’ Connecticut Information Technology Institute (CITI), the event will be from 6 to 7:30 p.m. on Jan. 24 at the UConn Stamford Art Gallery at the UConn Stamford... […]
- Social Media Sensation Alexa Curtis to Speak at UConnEveryone is terrified to get out of their comfort zone and pursue their passion, but everyone wants to do it. That’s the perspective of Alexa Curtis, a social media sensation, blogger, and influencer, who is speaking at UConn on Nov. 27 as a guest of the Werth Institute for Entrepreneurship and Innovation. Curtis, a native... […]
- Goldman Sachs Events Draw 200+ Students in StamfordMore than 200 UConn business students recently attended a series of career presentations sponsored by investment giant Goldman Sachs. The Stamford Business Career Development Office hosted Goldman Sachs Vice President Anuja Shah and Analyst Prasad Bhadang ’18, who earned his Master’s degree in Financial Risk Management at UConn. The team presented at two events on... […]