Your growth and learning as a UConn Graduate Business student continues outside the classroom with several extra-curricular activities. Your rigorous classroom training is supplemented with appreciation of diversity and the collegiality that comes from interacting with your peers in the various MBA and MS programs we offer. These interactions include social events and club activities.
All the UConn graduate programs are active in Case Competitions and several of our teams place among the top in these competitions.
- MBA Candidate and Team Win Henkel Case CompetitionMBA candidate Kseniia Poiarkina ’18 MBA was on the winning team in the Henkel One-Day Case Competition, which focused on leveraging business digitalization. The challenge took place on March 16 at Henkel’s Rocky Hill location. Other universities participating in the event included Northeastern, UMass and Drexel. “During the case competition, I had the pleasure to... […]
- MSFRM Students Win Prestigious Global CompetitionA group of UConn graduate students in financial risk management can now add the title of “international competition champions” to their resumes. Teammates Xiao Wang, Xiaofan Hou, Junchao Liao and Tuershunjiang Ahemaitijiang took home the first-place award and a $10,000 prize in the international PRMIA Risk Management Challenge 2018. Finance professor Yaacov Kopeliovich served as... […]
- Students Negotiate in International CompetitionsApril was a busy month for negotiation at UConn. The Law School and the Business School cooperatively sent UConn teams to two international business law negotiation competitions. Two weeks ago, Steven Lin (JD), Brooke Tinnerello (JD) and Christopher Digiacomo (MBA) represented UConn at the Negotiation Challenge in San Francisco. They negotiated against teams from China,... […]
Upcoming Student EventsAll Events »
- Goldman Sachs Events Draw 200+ Students in StamfordMore than 200 UConn business students recently attended a series of career presentations sponsored by investment giant Goldman Sachs. The Stamford Business Career Development Office hosted Goldman Sachs Vice President Anuja Shah and Analyst Prasad Bhadang ’18, who earned his Master’s degree in Financial Risk Management at UConn. The team presented at two events on... […]
- Commencement 2018Fidelity Exec Kathleen Murphy ’87 JD Tells Undergrads: Live the Life of Your Dreams Live the life of your dreams, commencement speaker and alumna Kathleen A. Murphy ’87 JD told almost 700 ecstatic undergraduate business students, their family, and friends, during the School of Business commencement ceremony Sunday. Approach the next phase of your life... […]
- Conference Draws Leadership SuperstarsA tidal wave of change is bearing down on business, and many of the traditional leadership structures that have worked so well in the past are breaking down. Yet after interviewing business icons, U.S. Presidents, the Pope, and many other powerful leaders, Alan Murray, the first speaker at the Geno Auriemma UConn Leadership Conference, offered... […]