Your growth and learning as a UConn Graduate Business student continues outside the classroom with several extra-curricular activities. Your rigorous classroom training is supplemented with appreciation of diversity and the collegiality that comes from interacting with your peers in the various MBA and MS programs we offer. These interactions include social events and club activities.
All the UConn graduate programs are active in Case Competitions and several of our teams place among the top in these competitions.
- MSBAPM Team Wins Second-Place in Prestigious Healthcare Analytics Case CompetitionA hard-working team of MSBAPM students took home second-place, and a $20,000 award, in the fiercely competitive Humana-Mays Healthcare Analytics Case Competition. The UConn team, known as Trailblazers, credits their thorough knowledge of data analytics, a creative presentation that was carefully crafted for corporate executive judges, and at least 150 hours of work on the... […]
- MBA, Law Students Vie To Represent UConn at International Negotiations Challenge in Greece This SpringOnly a few days remain to register for the popular Negotiations Case Competition and management professor Nora Madjar expects this year’s event, like years past, will draw some of the brightest MBA and law students at UConn. “This competition attracts some of our brightest and allows them to shine while developing their skills furthers,” said... […]
- Business Graduate Students ‘Turned on the Jets,’ Topped Nearly 500 Teams to Win Bloomberg’s First Global Trading ChallengeUConn Today – A team of Stamford-based UConn business graduate students won the highly competitive 2021 Bloomberg Global Trading Challenge, topping almost 500 teams from around the world. The winning team credited its success to a professor’s advice to make smart and bold decisions, an investment strategy that identified underdog companies that were responding to... […]
Upcoming Student EventsAll Events »
- One Year After the Russian Invasion of Ukraine: Can Businesses Prevent Future Wars?UConn Today – The Russian invasion of Ukraine has captured the attention of Americans in ways that few other conflicts have, and created challenges that today’s business students will likely grapple with for the rest of their careers. That’s the perspective of two leading business-ethics scholars who will be the guest panelists during a Feb.... […]
- Professor: Women Beware! The Boss Could Be Monitoring Your Private Health InformationWomen need to be cautious about accepting ‘femtech’ healthcare benefits through work, because it could result in personal reproductive information being shared with employers. That’s the recommendation of Professor Elizabeth “Liz” Brown of Bentley University, who will discuss her award-winning research during an April 4 virtual lecture. The program is part of the UConn School... […]
- Geno Auriemma Supports New Program to Further Boost UConn Grad Students at the Recruiting TableUConn Today – Geno Auriemma, head coach of the UConn Huskies women’s basketball team, is again partnering with the UConn School of Business – this time by supporting a new lecture-and-workshop series to help 2,000 graduate business students enhance their leadership skills. The series, which began Oct. 13, focuses on value-centered leadership, learning to reset... […]