Your growth and learning as a UConn Graduate Business student continues outside the classroom with several extra-curricular activities. Your rigorous classroom training is supplemented with appreciation of diversity and the collegiality that comes from interacting with your peers in the various MBA and MS programs we offer. These interactions include social events and club activities.
All the UConn graduate programs are active in Case Competitions and several of our teams place among the top in these competitions.
- Huskies Win International Policy CompetitionUConn Today – With over 500 students comprising 139 teams, the annual New York University Policy Case Competition (NYUPCC) came to a close on April 28, 2019. After reaching the final round, UConn students Shankar Kumar ’19 (MBA), Tony Patelunas ’19 (MPP), ’20 (Ph.D.), Sneha Jayaraj ’19 (MPP) and Joshua Schreier ’19 (MPP) impressed the... […]
- UConn Grabs Second-Place In Sustainability Case CompetitionThe 2019 MBA Sustainability Case Competition, organized by the UConn’s Net Impact Graduate Chapter, took place earlier this month, with teams from seven U.S. colleges vying for $5,000 in awards and championship bragging rights. The UConn team of Donald Pendagast, Abby Guo and Rahul Sinha, all MBA students, took second place. Guo was also recognized... […]
- Financial Risk Students Place Third in Global ChallengeA team of four graduate students in the MS in Financial Risk Management program took third place in an international competition in Montreal earlier this month, and were the highest-placing U.S. team in the competition. The UConn team included Tuershunjinag Ahemaitijiang, Xiaofan Hou, Junchao Liao and Xiao Wang. Their third-place victory at the McGill International... […]
Upcoming Student EventsAll Events »
- Geno Auriemma UConn Leadership Conference Announces Theme, Impressive Line-Up of SpeakersThe 2019 Geno Auriemma UConn Leadership Conference will focus on “Leading in Complex, Uncertain and Ambiguous Times,” a reflection of the myriad of ways in which business is changing. The conference is the brainchild of Geno Auriemma, the head coach of the UConn Women’s Basketball Team and the most winning coach in college women’s basketball... […]
- Business Law Experts: Our Knowledge Is Critical for CEOsWhen 60 thought leaders in business-law education gathered at UConn’s graduate campus in Hartford last week to look at the future of their profession, there was one message that resonated with all: Never has there been a more critical time for legal education to be embraced as a fundamental part of a high-quality business-education curriculum.... […]
- Commencement 2019: In an Unpredictable World, Be True to YourselfOn his first day as a student athlete at UConn, John Fodor ’85 briefly considered just packing up and going home. Scolded by the football coach for wearing the wrong jersey, a disheartened Fodor trudged back to the locker room, on a steaming August day, to change into the appropriate practice uniform. “I have to... […]