Your growth and learning as a UConn Graduate Business student continues outside the classroom with several extra-curricular activities. Your rigorous classroom training is supplemented with appreciation of diversity and the collegiality that comes from interacting with your peers in the various MBA and MS programs we offer. These interactions include social events and club activities.
All the UConn graduate programs are active in Case Competitions and several of our teams place among the top in these competitions.
- Predictive Modeling Class Projects Become Twin Wins for UConnIf a pet-adoption agency wants to quickly find a home for a puppy, is it better to post a picture of the pup with its littermates—or a series of photos of the dog alone? And if soccer club owners are trying to identify which FIFA players are underpaid based on their talent, could they accurately... […]
- UConn Takes 3rd Place in Global Analytics ChallengeA team of UConn students earned third place in the 2019 International Big Data & Analytics Education Conference with their passionate presentation on “The Catastrophic Effects of Global Warming—The Forces at Play.” The team consisted of the graduate students Barbara Lucas Johnson and Prasanthi Lingamallu, and undergrad Carl Johnson. Their adviser was Marketing Professor Girish... […]
- Huskies Win International Policy CompetitionUConn Today – With over 500 students comprising 139 teams, the annual New York University Policy Case Competition (NYUPCC) came to a close on April 28, 2019. After reaching the final round, UConn students Shankar Kumar ’19 (MBA), Tony Patelunas ’19 (MPP), ’20 (Ph.D.), Sneha Jayaraj ’19 (MPP) and Joshua Schreier ’19 (MPP) impressed the... […]
Upcoming Student EventsAll Events »
- Fall Lecture Series Addresses Vast Range of Health, Wellness TopicsThe UConn School of Business is a partner in an upcoming UConn health-focused lecture series addressing everything from weight loss to the opioid epidemic to mental health among college students. The UConn Institute for Collaboration on Health, Intervention and Policy (InCHIP) brings in top speakers to address trending topics of interest to students and faculty.... […]
- Auriemma Leadership Conference Keynote: Dawn HudsonSometimes the best, brightest and boldest decisions that a CEO makes to protect her corporation must align with public sentiment, even if they contradict the facts. Dawn Hudson, a former CEO of Pepsi-Cola North America, and former executive vice president of The National Football League, said the smartest crisis-management strategy can often seem fundamentally flawed... […]
- Geno Auriemma UConn Leadership Conference Announces Theme, Impressive Line-Up of SpeakersThe 2019 Geno Auriemma UConn Leadership Conference will focus on “Leading in Complex, Uncertain and Ambiguous Times,” a reflection of the myriad of ways in which business is changing. The conference is the brainchild of Geno Auriemma, the head coach of the UConn Women’s Basketball Team and the most winning coach in college women’s basketball... […]