Applicants to the UConn School of Business graduate degree programs may be required to take the GMAT or GRE tests. If you have not yet taken the exam, or if your score is more than five years old, you should schedule to take the exam.
You will be required to report your test scores within the Test Scores section of the online application.
Please refer to the following table to see what test scores are accepted by each program.
|Program||GMAT Code||GRE Code||Requirements|
|Executive MBA Program||CV2-CO-23||3915||GMAT or GRE preferred; not required|
|Full-time MBA Program||CV2-C0-37||3915||GMAT or GRE required|
|Part-time MBA Program – Hartford||CV2-C0-96||3915||GMAT or GRE preferred; not required|
|Part-time MBA Program – Stamford||CV2-C0-87||3915||GMAT or GRE preferred; not required|
|Part-time MBA Program – Waterbury||CV2-C0-63||3915||GMAT or GRE preferred; not required|
|Part-time MBA Non-degree Program||N/A||N/A||Test scores not required|
|MS in Accounting||CV2-C0-99||N/A||GMAT Required|
|MS in Business Analytics and Project Management||CV2-C0-55||3915||GMAT or GRE required|
|MS in Financial Risk Management||CV2-C0-71||3915||GMAT or GRE required|
|MS in Human Resource Management||CV2-C0-68||3915||GMAT or GRE preferred; not required|
|Ph.D. in Business Administration||CV2-C0-20||3915||GMAT or GRE required*
No waivers are permitted
|Accounting Certificate Program||CV2-C0-99||N/A||GMAT Required|
|Advanced Business Certificates – Hartford||CV2-C0-96||CV2-C0-96||GMAT or GRE preferred; not required|
|Advanced Business Certificates – Stamford||CV2-C0-87||3915||GMAT or GRE preferred; not required|
|Advanced Business Certificates – Waterbury||CV2-C0-63||3915||GMAT or GRE preferred; not required|
|Advanced Business Certificate in Human Resource Management||CV2-C0-68||N/A||GMAT or GRE preferred; not required|
|Certificate in Corporate and Regulatory Compliance||CV2-C0-96||CV2-C0-96||Test scores not required|
|Certificate in Global Risk Management||CV2-C0-71||3915||GMAT or GRE preferred; not required|
|Long-term Healthcare Management Certificate||Contact Program|
* GRE scores are not accepted from applicants to the Accounting area of study of the Ph.D. in Business
Official Test Scores
GMAT and GRE test scores are valid for five years, and the admissions committee will consider your higher score if you have taken the test more than once. We usually receive an electronic score report within 5-7 days after you have taken the test and a paper score report approximately two weeks after you have taken the test. For those programs where the GMAT/GRE score is required, an official decision can not be made on your application until the official scores are received by the university.
Full-time MBA Program, we will only grant GMAT/GRE exam waivers for applicants possessing one or more of the following:
- A Ph.D. degree earned from an accredited university in the (50) United States
- A Doctor of Juridical Science (S.J.D.) degree from an accredited university in the (50) United States (JD – Juris Doctor or LL.M. – Master of Laws would not qualify as they are not terminal degrees)
- A Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree from an accredited university in the (50) United States
Applicants to the MSA and ACP programs may have the GMAT test requirement waived if they meet any of the following conditions:
- Worked at least five years in a relevant occupation
- Graduated from UConn with an overall and major GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Graduated from an AACSB accredited school other than UConn with an overall GPA of 3.4 or higher
- Received a graduate degree in any discipline from an AACSB accredited school
- Licensed as a CPA or Chartered Accountant
If you are applying to the Ph.D. program there is NO waiver of the GMAT/GRE. It is an admission requirement for all applicants to the PhD program within the School of Business.
Please contact the program to which you are replying for any questions regarding test score waivers.