Your growth and learning as a UConn Graduate Business student continues outside the classroom with several extra-curricular activities. Your rigorous classroom training is supplemented with appreciation of diversity and the collegiality that comes from interacting with your peers in the various MBA and MS programs we offer. These interactions include social events and club activities.
All the UConn graduate programs are active in Case Competitions and several of our teams place among the top in these competitions.
- Graduate Student Investors’ Portfolio #1UConn Beat 100 Colleges in Quinnipiac G.A.M.E. Challenge The UConn Student Managed Fund Graduate Team won first-place in a highly competitive Student-Managed Portfolio Competition, besting some 100 colleges from all over the world. The Quinnipac G.A.M.E.—Global Asset Management Education—VII Forum was held at the Midtown Hilton in New York City on March 31. It was... […]
- First-Place WinnersUConn Grad Students Victorious in Prestigious APICS Supply Chain Competition A team of four UConn graduate students won the APICS Northeast Student Competition earlier this month, defeating competitors from RPI, Rutgers, UMass and more in a supply-chain contest. “The winning demonstrated the students’ capability in applying concepts and insights learned to a complex business situation... […]
- MBA Team TriumphsAnalytical Skills, Personal Warmth Help MBA Team Finish Prominently in National Case Competition For Brad Goodman ’17, a second-year student in the Full-time MBA program, the recent victory in a prominent case competition was more than just exciting; it was a dress rehearsal for his career. “This experience was a 24-hour snapshot of what most... […]
Upcoming Student Events
Wednesday, June 21st, 2017
08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
OtherCrowne Plaza Stamford 2701 Summer Street Stamford, CT
The Current State of Risk Management
For the 5th annual conference, it was appropriate to present a general overview of the current state of risk management, and to do so by focusing on the current state of each major type of risk. So much has happened on the risk front since our last conference a year ago, from increasing operational risks from cyberattacks, to increasing global uncertainty due to a new U.S. President's agenda, every major category of risk had to be included in the agenda.
The conference will bring together professionals in risk management, senior management, and regulators, as well as faculty members and students in the UConn School of Business MS in Financial Risk Management (MSFRM) program.
American Historian and Best-Selling Author and Presidential Historian, CNN
Douglas is uniquely qualified to address political risk. His knowledge and insight into the role of politicians and the impact of their political leadership is second-to-none, and offers glimpses into the strategies that companies are seeking in a time of dramatic change. Political transformations, whether domestic or international, have a profound impact on business today.
Event website: http://riskconference.business.uconn.edu/
- Advice for the Class of 2017Arrive Early, Stay Late, Put in the Effort to Succeed, Says Commencement Speaker Doug Elliot, President of The Hartford In a commencement speech laced with solid career advice about hard work and attaining career success, Doug Elliot ’82 mentioned that his life did benefit from a touch of serendipity. Elliot, the president of The Hartford... […]
- Conscious Capitalism: Serving a Higher Social GoalConnecticut CEO Speaks to Undergraduate Students about Conscious Capitalism A Connecticut CEO presented to undergraduate students on April 25 about how business can serve a higher social goal through the introduction of ‘Conscious Capitalism’ into the organization. Founded in 2010 by the CEO of Whole Foods and a professor at Babson College, conscious capitalism aspires... […]
- Snap! Commencement 2017UConn Today – Snap! Commencement 2017 See the photos