Educational History

Unofficial Academic Credentials

In the Educational History section of the online application, you will be required to upload all unofficial academic credentials (transcripts, certificates of degrees/diplomas if not indicated on transcript) for each college/university that you list.

  • Uploaded unofficial academic credentials are required for each college/university that you attended.  
  • If your transcripts do not yet reflect a complete degree for a program you are currently in, please upload a copy of your incomplete transcripts to your application. When you have completed your degree please mail your official transcripts.
  • If your cumulative GPA cannot be easily found on your transcripts, please include your cumulative GPA on your resume.
  • Current students enrolled in a Non-Degree or Graduate Program – if you are currently enrolled in a graduate or non-degree program you MUST include this in your Educational History section and upload unofficial transcripts from the courses you have already completed.
  • If you find that your school code is not listed please double check that you have spelled your school name correctly. If you still cannot find the school, try entering less information into the search box. If you still cannot find the code- please e-mail with the full name of the school and the complete mailing address.
  • Sometimes the documents required for upload are too large and will need to be re -sized.  Please use the following website to shrink the document and upload the document again  If the document is still too large, send a support request to

Official Academic Credentials/Transcripts

  • Admissions decisions can be made based on your uploaded unofficial transcripts.
  • Official transcripts/diplomas/degree certificates are required for matriculation into all graduate business programs.
  • Failure to submit transcripts from all educational institutions, regardless of whether or not a degree was received, may be grounds for cancellation of admission.
  • Current UConn Graduate Students – If you submitted transcripts when you were admitted to your current program, only official transcripts not already on file at the Graduate School will be required.
  • Transcripts become the property of the University of Connecticut.

When to Submit

Upon submission of your application, we suggest you send all official academic credentials (official transcripts, mark sheets, and degree certificates/diplomas) to the UConn School of Business at the address listed below.  You may chose to wait and submit these documents until you are admitted to the program, however, this may extend the timeline for matriculation and visa processing.  If you chose to wait until you are accepted and do not require a visa, please note that all  official documents need to be received no later than Noon on the following dates to allow enough time for processing:

Official Transcript Deadlines:

Spring 2017 Friday, January 6, 2017 (by noon EST)
Fall 2017 Friday, Aug 18, 2017 (by noon EST)

Where to Submit

Official academic credentials are required for admission and should be mailed to:

UConn School of Business
ATTN: Graduate Transcripts
2100 Hillside Road Unit 1041
Storrs, CT 06269-1041

International Transcripts

Please supply official transcripts, Diplomas (original and English translation), mark sheets (original and English translation), or courses and grades (English translation) from institutions outside of the United States.

  • If you attended an international university, we require transcripts in both English and the native language of the university. Please note: Your application will not be reviewed without both copies of the transcript.
  • If you completed a degree and that fact is not stated in your transcript, we will also need an official copy of your degree certificate or diploma.
  • Individual/yearly mark sheets are required for applicants whose courses and grades are not listed on their transcript.
  • If you have transcripts from applying for admission to a university in the U.S. which you currently attend, we will accept copies from the registrar or graduate school if they certify that these documents from your prior university were made from the originals.
  • Official transcripts must be issued in their original language and accompanied by an English translation. There should also be a clear explanation in English of the institution’s program requirements and grading system. For students in countries where the transcript does not indicate the degree received, an official degree diploma attested by a university official must also be submitted in the original language and accompanied by an English translation.
  • If you attended an international university and have one set of original documents or diploma, we can make a copy and return the original document(s) to you. Please include a cover sheet to return the documents and provide a mailing address.  The cover sheet is also available within the application under Downloadable Forms section.

We do not consider 3 year bachelor’s degrees from India, Canada, or Australia to be equivalent to a US bachelor’s degree. However, additional graduate level course work after earning a 3 year bachelor’s degree may be considered for equivalency.

UConn Transcripts

If you have received a degree from the University of Connecticut, you do not need to request an official transcript.

Official credentials are not required for applicants who have received a degree from the University of Connecticut or from those who are currently a student in a graduate program of the University of Connecticut. Official credentials are required for applicants who are undergraduate students at the University of Connecticut at the time which they are applying.

If you have any questions or concerns please e-mail


Completion of a one-semester college-level calculus course with a grade of “C” or better is required for applicants to the following programs:

  • MS in Business Analytics and Project Management
  • MS in Financial Risk Management
  • Certificate in Global Risk Management

All admitted students must take the course (if they did not do so during their undergraduate studies) prior to enrolling in the program to which they are applying. The calculus course can be taken at any community college, college, university, or online. It must be a graded course.